I love this time of year—it offers the opportunity to look back at our lives and acknowledge what went well this past year, and then look forward to what we would like to do or be different in the New Year.
It is a chance to reset, to begin anew. To shed the old, worn out, unhealthy, no longer useful habits for some healthy, inspired, growth enhanced ways of going through our lives.
This year in particular it is important to grieve what didn’t work in a way that was optimal for our lives. Staying stuck in denial, anger and resentment only contributes to our sense of impotence. As we grieve the losses, we release the toxic feelings and allow them to transform into acceptance and, where appropriate, activism, as well as peace and focus on what is within our power to impact in our own lives.
It is a time to be still—to stop, look and listen to our hearts, asking—
- What really matters to me?
- What do I want and need in order to live more fully, to feel more alive, to live more aligned with what I love?
- What changes do I need to make in order to live more purposefully, more authentically, more aligned with who I truly am?
- What will support me in making these changes?
- Who do I need to surround myself with so that we may lift each other up toward growth and fulfillment?
- What practices, such as meditation, exercise, being in nature, will support me in deepening my relationship with myself—the primary relationship in my life?
- How can I better care for my body which houses my precious soul?
- Which resources are necessary for my growth and which can I let go of, bringing better balance to inflow and outflow of my money?
- What truly juices me up, lights up that part of me that brings deep pleasure and makes life worth living, and how can I bring it more into my day-to-day life?
- How do I want to share my gifts with those I love, my community and the world at large in 2017 to be a fuller expression of my heart?
At this new beginning, give yourself the gift of stepping out of the space-time continuum and into the deep dot of now. Take a deep dive into yourself and explore how you can use this new beginning to live your life more fully aligned with what really matters.